Wednesday, November 16, 2005

I woke up with the sun today!

In my efforts to find joy, I went to Budapest yesterday just to see Danielle. We had American tea, Vanilla Caramel, and sat in her little loft that she's decorated like a tea room. We talked and prayed for hours. Very refreshing. Today, in my efforts to find joy waking up before the sun, I got up at 6am like usual and washed my face and brushed my teeth. Then, instead of making coffee and breakfast, I skipped it and went back to bed until 6:55. That's right, I woke up with the sun!!! I got dressed in five minutes and was out the door, slightly hungrier, but happier. I've been shopping a lot this week, not something I enjoy usually, but Barb comes with me everyday, on a quest for shoes that are my size and not pointed. I've come to realize I'm a mutant in Europe. Nobody has feet as small as me. There are plenty of people as short as I am, but they all must have big feet. There is no size smaller than a 36, and I think I must be a 35 here, so I'm screwed. I have to buy little kids shoes I think. Not only that, but all the shoes are pointed like witches or elf shoes. I'm not comfortable with that. It's fine if everyone else wants to wear them, but not for me. I'm going to stick with the shoes I have. No more shopping for Jo. It seems I'll be wearing teacher shoes to a formal ball, it's the best I can do.

No comments: