Monday, November 21, 2005

Unusual Occurences

I had a funny dream last night. I dreamed that it snowed, and a lot of people (other teachers from Budapest, random people from Camp Allegheny) came walking into my flat in their pajamas and robes to listen to the radio for school closings. They all seemed to live in my building, and only our radio was in English for them to understand. Sadly, the radio wasn't working. I woke up from this dream to Sarah Jane running into our bedroom. "Joanna! It snowed!" "What? I just dreamed that!" I exclaim. "Maybe they'll close school!" True enough, I woke up to a shade of white this morning, our first snow. Sadly, school closings are more of a dream here, a figment of times long gone.
This weekend I did more unordinary things:
1) I went to a formal "ball" at Budapest college
2) I ate cavier
I'll just say number 1 as opposed to number 2 gave me endless flashbacks of parties and proms and the Macarena, while at the same time being nothing like any of those times or places. Number 2 was salty and tasted like fish. Should I just leave it at that? Due to time, I think I will.
Happy Thanksgiving to all! May you eat turkey until you burst. I'm going to try Thanksgiving in Slovakia this year, but let there be pie! And it will be so.

No comments: